Thursday 9 February 2017

My poem from last year.

Day in springImage result for colourful birds flying
Birds back in full cry,Image result for colourful birds flying
Early morning, light sky.Image result for budding flowers
Up at seven, nil breeze,Image result for budding flowers
Shorts and sandals, bare knees.
Green shoots, budding flowers,Image result for budding flowers
Pollen drifting, whizzing mowers.Image result for heavy seas cartoon
Lunchtime showers, wind groans.
Grab a parka, hailstones.Image result for trees
Sixty knots, heavy seas.Image result for play cartoon
Gales twisting stiff trees.Image result for flower pollen
Blossom biffed about the path,Image result for trees
Just a moment! Storm’s passed.
Sun’s back, heat too,Image result for barbecue cartoon
Tonight we’ll try the barbecue.
Daylight saving, cold but light,
What’s next, frostbite?Image result for spring flowersImage result for spring flowers
It’s difficult to get outsideImage result for spring flowers
And settle down to play
When the weather's throwing tantrums
Through the long spring day.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Krisha and I am a student in room 21 at Owairaka School. I really like your poem it’s so cool . It made me think of beautiful nature and we should care about it. Have you thought about making a side so you can add more poems. If you would like to see my learning, please visit krishas.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora, my name is Alex From Grey Main School Mamaku 1 I like how you have showed us your poem and put images right next to all the lines. This reminds me of when I did a poem. Was this hard?
    Heoi ano taku mo naianei (That's all for now)
    From Alex

    ReplyDelete